After a long day of spending time at the New York Times Travel Show, we had set up a dinner reservation. I wish we had less to eat at lunch so we could have enjoyed more food at Sugar Factory 🙁
The place is located inside the heart of Meatpacking District, a district known for its nightlife, has tremendous amount of outdoor and culinary pleasures. Parking on a Sunday evening is a breeze however other nights, I recommend taxi or Lyft car services.
Upon entering, you can feel the excitement. The entrance is surrounded by a wonderful chandelier, colorful candies all around you and celebrity picture frames surrounding the wall. Our Host (Kimberly) came downstairs while we were utilizing the bathroom was very nice of her. (On the side note : the bathroom was disgusting and really needed cleaning.)
As we sat, our waitress “Erica” came and we told her about our allergies issues which she took care of it without much issues, making it very easy for us. If your dinning out at this place (Sugar Factory in Meatpacking District) definitely ask for her.
Definitely order the Unique and Fun Drinks, We ordered the following :
- LOLLIPOP PASSION – blended together a wonderful mix of melon, coconut and pineapple to create a unique taste. For the final touch, they garnish this yummy goblet of goodness with lollipops.
- OCEAN BLUE – Danger lurks in the deep blue sea. There may not be an ocean nearby, but it will seem that way when you see all the sharks swimming in this Hpnotiq cocktail!
- RASPBERRY WATERMELON MOJITO – Made with delicious Fruit Juices, Silver Rum and topped with Watermelon Candy and Fresh Mint Leaves.
For Appetizers, we ordered the following:
- Popcorn Shrimp – Honestly they were AMAZING. 5/5
- Fried Macaroni & Cheese Pops – They were OK! 3/5
For Entrees, we ordered the following:
- Pacific Salmon – Without the Bacon and It was Really Good 4/5.
- Pacific Salmon – Without the Bacon – Delicious (well done) 4.5/5.
- Steak Bordelaise – Caramelized Onions and served with Red Wine Sauce (Good) 3/5
For Dessert, I wish we had room – we would have definitely ordered something but all of us were full and wishing we had not eaten much during lunch time but Sugar Factory still hooked us up with a very Welcoming and Loving Dessert especially made for us 🙂
Samia told me, that made her night and she was really surprised. So thank you for doing that, means the world to me 🙂
Thank You KIMBERLY (Host), ERICA (Waitress), and SHAWN (Manager) for going above and beyond and making this a memorable dinner.
The Sugar Factory has several branches, including Las Vegas, Orlando and Illinois.
Check them out: sugarfactory.com